Lebanon is a city in St. Clair County, Illinois, United States. The population was 4,418 at the 2010 census. Like many other places in "Little Egypt" or Southern Illinois, Lebanon was named after the Eastern Mediterranean country of the same name. It is a part of the Metro-East region of the Greater St. Louis metropolitan area.
Lebanon is home to McKendree University, the oldest college in Illinois.
- Christine Brewer, Grammy Award-winning operatic/classical singer, graduate of McKendree University, has resided in Lebanon, Illinois for many years
- Ed Busch, MLB shortstop for St. Louis Browns and Philadelphia Phillies
- Bill Cofield, former University of Wisconsin basketball head coach, graduate of McKendree University
- Mark Consuelos, daytime soap actor, known for playing Mateo Santos on All My Children, and Hiram Lodge on Riverdale. Married to Kelly Ripa
- Neal Cotts, relief pitcher for 2005 World Series champion Chicago White Sox, also for Minnesota Twins, Milwaukee Brewers, Texas Rangers, Oakland Athletics, Chicago Cubs
- Craig Virgin, two-time world cross-country champion, nine-time Big Ten champion and three-time Olympian in track and field
Lebanon is home to the oldest founded college in the state of Illinois, McKendree University, and is also home to Lebanon Grade School And Lebanon High School (home of the Greyhounds).
There have been at least a dozen newspapers that have called Lebanon home. The Lebanon Advertiser has operated there since 1911. On December 26, 2013, it was purchased by David Porter. The former owner, Harrison Leon Church, owned the newspaper for 40 years. Except for a few months between Harrison and his father, Leon Church, the Church family owned the newspaper for 75 years.
Location of Lebanon in St. Clair County, Illinois.
Location of Illinois in the United States
|Coordinates: 38°36′12″N 89°48′41″WCoordinates: 38°36′12″N 89°48′41″W|
|• Total||2.48 sq mi (6.41 km2)|
|• Land||2.47 sq mi (6.39 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.02 km2)|
| • Estimate
|• Density||1,797.65/sq mi (693.94/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Wikimedia Commons||Lebanon, Illinois|
Woemmel is a St. Louis based Plastering company with a concentration in Residential, Commercial, Ornamental, and Plater Repair.